Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day!

On our walk this morning we saw Miss Carolyn Steptoe, a neighbor who is running for ANC (Advisory Neighborhood Commissions). She waved really hard and gushed, "Happy Election Day!". David replied with just as much feeling, "Good luck!". Her enthusiasm was contagious. I was excited to exercise my right to vote.

The lines at our local polling location were long at 7am. I was glad Archer and could I wait until 3pm. We walked right on in and voted for Obama despite McCain matriculating from Episcopal High School. Archer's favorite part was getting an 'I voted sticker'. It's neat that the next time we vote for a president Archer will be almost 5 years old.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hazel yelled OBAMANOS! as we were voting. btw I'm glad we were able to offset the votes of our inlaws. :)