Sunday, November 30, 2008

Granny's 85th Birthday

My granny is probably the most chic octogenarian in the history of the world. She is so sophisticated and such a lady - at the same time though she is so much fun and loves to have a good time. For example she dressed up as a ballerina for Halloween this year, got her male friend to get into a tutu too and then paraded around the streets.


Her 85th birthday was November 20th and she, of course, needed to have 2 parties. The first party was on Thursday, her actual birthday. Archer and I drove down to see Granny. All I knew was that I should show up at 'The Home' (Westminister Cantebury) at 7:00 pm at the theater. The entertainment turned out to be a man named Gary Muledeer, who was a stand-up comedian with a lengthy resume. Very funny. The theater was packed with lots of friends and family all celebrating with Granny. Then she had a reception with lots of pink afterwards.


The second party was only for family on Saturday night. Miraculously, all of Granny's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren showed up, minus 1. It was a fun time and a great party. I love my Granny and even if she won't admit I am her favorite grandchild (just kidding Granny) she is a huge role-model for me. Although it was her birthday, she gave all her family a copy of her memoirs, a great book full of history and pictures. I was so excited to get it and read it. I have not been disappointed by the inside information.

For some reason all the pictures are coming up in this size. Disappointing. I think I will skip the pictures on this post.


I anyone wants to see the pictures in the real size you can go to my snapfish pictures.

No comments: