Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Here's a quick update on my life with Archer and the dogs:
- Brandy is really sweet with Archer and lets him crawl all over her. Yes, Archer is crawling and he is crawling fast.
- I told my principal that I could not work in January because I wasn't ready to leave Archer yet. I did promise that I would sign a contract for next fall though. So we have been visiting daycare without much luck yet.
- Thanksgiving was wonderful even though bad dog Scout grabbed Uncle John's crotch.
- I ate way too much last weekend and still feel like I am 10 lbs overweight.
- Archer likes to say dye or die or di (I think he is trying to say Dad)
- The Redskins and the Seahawks are not having their best seasons. I know this because I hear the screaming from various males in my life.
- David, Archer and I are going to get our Christmas tree tomorrow :)
- Aunt Mary is visiting us in a week!
- Uncle Andrew, Aunt Nicki, Hazel, Gran and Grandad are all coming to visit in about 2 weeks!
- Christmas and Archer's baptism are fast approaching!
Here is a video of Archer playing
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Her 85th birthday was November 20th and she, of course, needed to have 2 parties. The first party was on Thursday, her actual birthday. Archer and I drove down to see Granny. All I knew was that I should show up at 'The Home' (Westminister Cantebury) at 7:00 pm at the theater. The entertainment turned out to be a man named Gary Muledeer, who was a stand-up comedian with a lengthy resume. Very funny. The theater was packed with lots of friends and family all celebrating with Granny. Then she had a reception with lots of pink afterwards.
The second party was only for family on Saturday night. Miraculously, all of Granny's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren showed up, minus 1. It was a fun time and a great party. I love my Granny and even if she won't admit I am her favorite grandchild (just kidding Granny) she is a huge role-model for me. Although it was her birthday, she gave all her family a copy of her memoirs, a great book full of history and pictures. I was so excited to get it and read it. I have not been disappointed by the inside information.
For some reason all the pictures are coming up in this size. Disappointing. I think I will skip the pictures on this post.
I anyone wants to see the pictures in the real size you can go to my snapfish pictures.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I didn't get home too late and had a fun day with the baby. Even a second away really makes me love him even more. David had a tough time getting him to sleep last night because he kept pulling himself up in the crib. He LOVES to stand up these days. At Mommy and Me yoga he was trying to crawl himself up my leg. So here are some pictures of him standing up and then, inevitably, falling down. He looks like he is having the best time ever.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
My mom and I had a great time visiting Maymont. I love Maymont, especially the Children's Farm. In fact, I love it so much I really wanted to have my marriage reception there. I could just picture the guests dancing in the barn and then going out to pet the pigs and the goats in all their nice clothes. That idea was nixed.
Here is a picture of the bear we saw. He was playing with his friend in the pond.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The lines at our local polling location were long at 7am. I was glad Archer and could I wait until 3pm. We walked right on in and voted for Obama despite McCain matriculating from Episcopal High School. Archer's favorite part was getting an 'I voted sticker'. It's neat that the next time we vote for a president Archer will be almost 5 years old.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- weight - 18lbs 9.5 ounces (50-75 percentile)
- height - 27.5 inches (75-90 percentile)
- head circumference - 17.5 inches (50-75% percentile - why this is important, I do not know)
Here are his stats from 2 months ago:
- weight - 16lbs 2 ounces (75%)
- height - 25 and 7/8 inches (75%)
- head circumference - 17 inches (75%)
Archer also got 4 shots and Dr. Lang said he was a joy of a baby. I think he is too.
Here is a picture of him in his Halloween outfit that mom and I took yesterday. I love it when Granny Goose comes for a visit. She is so much fun! I love that she thought we should dress Archer up in his dragon outfit before we took a walk in her BOB stroller (purchased by his Boo Daddy for his 6 month birthday present. Thanks Dad! I had a very happy childhood which I will definitely write a post about soon.)
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Over the past week or so Archer has gotten...
- an awesome bomber hat
- 2 warm Christmas turtlenecks
- a pair of black corduroy pants
- a pair of green Patagonia booties
- a pair of wool Emu booties
- a beautiful and sweet Christening outfit
He will be one well dressed boy this winter. I like dressing my baby because it's like dressing a doll baby. He might not like it that much though.
Here are some pictures of Archer in his new clothes.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Let's talk about the weekend. Prather, Archer and I left David with the 2 crazy dogs while we went to a pumpkin patch/ petting farm. Can life get any better for me? We debated whether to go to Cox Farms or another well known pumpkin patch, Butler's Orchard and finally decided that a petting farm really added that extra zing to the Halloween experience. We thought Clark's Elioak Farm sounded weirdly religious, but gave it a try. It was fabulous! We loved that the clientele was "a little different" than the mainstream farms.