Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Aquatic Gardens

I haven't posted for awhile because a) I didn't have any new pictures b) I have been working too hard on stupid grad school stuff and c) nothing too exciting has happened in the world of the Dansby's in the last few days. I could have taken a picture of Archer's tummy rash and posted it, but that might have been too weird even for me.

Today we took a break from our normal routine and headed out to the beautiful part of D.C. called Anacostia. I jest, but the aquatic gardens are really kind of pretty. We saw lots of wildlife: a goose and her goslings, a big snapping turtle, a bullfrog, a HUGE fish - like 3 feet long- in the Anacostia swimming next to a pill bottle and Styrofoam plate remnants, a muskrat or beaver (the sign said they had both in the area) and a long purply black snake.

I really liked the aquatic gardens because they open at 7am and we can go early to avoid the bugs. It was a fun morning.






2 comments:

MAM said...

Archer looks like he is having the best time ever! I love that smile!

Katharine said...

Too cute for words. Please give him a big squeeze for me! Hope all is well with school!