Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Trip to Hampstead, NC

Archer and I left last Thursday to visit Uncle John, Aunt Mary and Cousin Roo in Hampstead, NC. Friday, Mary, Roo, Archer and I went to the beach. Archer took to the ocean like a little sea turtle. He started crawling right into the waves - no fear. I wish I had gotten pictures of that.

Saturday, I left to go see my friends for a bachelorette party on Figure Eight Island, which is close to where Aunt Mary and Uncle John live. Archer was lucky enough to stay the day and night with his aunt, uncle and cousin. They went to the children's museum in Wilmington, played with tools in Uncle John's garage/boat and furniture refinishing room and played around outside.

Archer told me one of his favorite things to do was play with his cousin Roo. Scout and Brandy are good around Archer, but Roo took it to another level. Roo was the best! She would follow Archer around, share sticks with him, give him a million kisses and play really gently with him. By the end of the trip Archer thought he was a dog I think. He would hold Roo's head up in his hands and stick out his tongue for Roo to kiss. Archer has been trying the same trick with Brandy, but I am not sure she understands. We miss Roo Roo and can't wait to see her and her parents in a few weeks.

Archer was so thrilled to be with his aunt and uncle and cousin that he wouldn't take a nap. He didn't want to miss anything. Unfortunately, he also wanted to wake up at 4am and not go back to sleep. Aunt Mary was a champ, reading to him, rocking him, feeding him, and being the greatest aunt there ever was. Uncle John had to go to work early anyway, so I wasn't too worried about him. Even though I really wanted Archer to be a perfect baby, I think John and Mary really enjoyed having him. I appreciated the free babysitting immensely! Thank you!!!

Roo, Uncle John and Archer playing with sticks.

Blocking the garage entrance.
Building a block tunnel at the Children's Museum

Aunt Mary having a blast at the museum

No comments: