Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Being watched at the Zoo

This past Saturday David and I took Archer to the zoo. Archer was in his bear costume and David and I felt like we were celebrities. Everyone we passed either stared directly at Archer or made comments.

For example, one little girl expressed astonishment as she told her mother, "I thought that baby was a MONKEY!" The mother of the girl agreed, that she too thought Archer was a monkey. When walking into the zoo, another girl turned to her dad and said, "Look daddy, a tiger!" Other people knew he was clearly a bear and said things like,"Oh look at the cute bear!"

It was a fun afternoon. We ended up seeing 2 different types of real bears at the zoo: a sloth bear and a panda bear. Here a picture of the panda bear we saw eating a green crate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh I love pandas and indeed visited them twice!
Here I bought a cuddly panda bag (L) that I can hardly put it down!
I believe it is a GREAT find for every panda fanatic!
hkpanda.freetzi.com