Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Changes...

are hard.

This time next week I will starting my job working as a part-time reading teacher at D.C. Prep. I love the school and the other teachers and am thrilled to be getting a paycheck, but I am feeling very sad that I have to leave my baby. I have had the best year and 3 months I could have imagined. I am hopeful and confident that I will still be able to the best mommy I can be when I am working.

Here is what has been happening the past few days:

The beginning of the end of my time as a stay-at-home began with Archer and I spending a dreamlike 4 days at Windwood on Squam with Aunt Mary, Cousin Roo, Cousin Ellie, Granny Goose, Boodad, Brother Bumpson, Great Aunt Holly, Great Uncle John Mason, and Barry.

We sorely missed Daddy, but were proud of him for studying so hard. I can't wait to post a blog about what we did at Squam and post pictures, but it will have to wait a few days until I can get Aunt Mary to send me the pictures. (I left my camera at home by mistake).

Here is what will happen this weekend:

We are going to Charleston for Kate Osborne's wedding! We are making it more a vacation than a wedding and are spending Thursday to Saturday down in beautiful South Carolina.


I know my mommy still loves me even though she's working

1 comment:

Katharine said...

Congrats on the job! You will be the perfect working mother, I promise! Sorry we missed you at Squam. We are heading up there tonight! GIve Archer a squeeze for me!