Monday, October 20, 2008

Punkin Patches

I know I said I would write everyday. So far I haven't been reaching my goal. One excuse is that Archer could nap a little longer. Another excuse is that I also had a very busy and very fun weekend with Prather.

Let's talk about the weekend. Prather, Archer and I left David with the 2 crazy dogs while we went to a pumpkin patch/ petting farm. Can life get any better for me? We debated whether to go to Cox Farms or another well known pumpkin patch, Butler's Orchard and finally decided that a petting farm really added that extra zing to the Halloween experience. We thought Clark's Elioak Farm sounded weirdly religious, but gave it a try. It was fabulous! We loved that the clientele was "a little different" than the mainstream farms.

We petted small goats, a pony, and some sheep. We saw an emu, some bunnies and a turkey. We even took a hayride through the enchanted forest to get to the pumpkins. Archer's favorite part was trying to eat the grass next to the pumpkins. Prath is a dynamite photographer and took these pictures. Thank you P!










No comments: