Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sweet Potatoes


Archer has been eating solids for about a month now. He's had rice cereal and oatmeal. He's also tried avocado (something I dislike because of the texture) and sweet potatoes. Here is a picture of Archer with the sweet potatoes all over his face. David says it looks more like he is Hannibal Lecter than our sweet baby. That kind of makes me want to gag.


On another less icky note, the principal of DC Prep called me yesterday wanting me to come back to work because they have a 6th grade teaching position open. I miss teaching a whole lot. I miss talking to my friends at school. I also would probably feel better about myself if I was contributing to our finances. However, I really don't think I could leave Archer yet. I may tell the school I am not ready now, but may be ready after Christmas. I don't know if I will be ready even then though. I just feel guilty for not working. I know being a mom is a job. Right now I am having such a good time, it doesn't feel like work. I love my baby and would be so jealous if someone else were to witness him doing things for the first time. I just don't know how the money situation will hold out.

No comments: